Monday, November 9, 2009

It's that time of year

All of the fall leaves are falling off of the trees now, and there are leaves EVERYWHERE! So many leaves! It gives us great service opportunities because everyone has a ton of leaves to clean up. I dream of how much fun it would be to pile up all of the leaves and jump in them, like the old days. But then I would get my nice clothes all nasty and dirty...
The humidity is an interesting thing for me to experience. Last night it wasn't too cold but I could see my breath against the humidity in the air. I'm SO excited for this winter season. All the other missionaries are dreading it every second as it gets colder and closer to snow, but nothing is going to get me down! I LOVE snow way too much! Sure, it makes it hard to do missionary work-but in no way does that dampen my spirits or make me love it any less. It's gonna be sooo cold... I can't wait. We're planning Christmas programs for December now, and I've begun listening to Christmas music. It makes me so happy!
We have a baptism this upcoming Sunday! Yay! It's very exciting for us and especially for this ward. The whole ward has really rallied together and is beginning to catch fire with missionary effort. This Sunday we're having a really special 'invite a friend to church day'. The members are all really excited, and they've all been inviting their friends and associates. Please pray for the success of this event that we've put so much time and effort into. This should really get the work moving in this area, and we hope to see a lot of success from this event.
I love you all, and I hope that you are enjoying life!
     -Elder Luke Shepherd
 

No comments: