I loved calling home on Mother's Day and talking with all my family. It's always weird calling home in the mission but really good at the same time. It was my LAST TIME calling home from the mission field because I'm going home come August. Nothing could make me 'trunky' so don't worry about that, but I do honestly miss my family and am excited to go home. Now I'm gonna finish strong!
I baptized Jose Bayon this last Saturday! The baptismal service itself was slightly comical because not a lot of members showed up, including our assigned speakers and prayers... At the same time the members who were there filled in and the baptism was still a really good experience. I don't know if Jose understood my instructions about plugging his nose before I dunked him in the water because, after I said the prayer, he put his hand over his face with his palm squishing his nose and his fingers poking his eyes. "Plug your nose! Plug your nose!" I whispered anxiously to him. He still didn't plug his nose and was submerged with his hand in 'starfish formation' over his face. The important thing is that he was submerged, the baptism was performed correctly and by the authority of Jesus Christ, and he has now made a covenant with God. His confirmation was a sweet experience. I felt the spirit really strongly as we laid our hands on his head. Jose is going to be a really great member of the church. His non-member mother was present at the baptism and we now have the opportunity to follow up with her this week and help her understand that 'strong feeling' that she had at Jose's baptism.
The first picture I attached is of us at Jose's baptism.
The second is a picture from inside our mail box. In case you didn't notice it was empty--not even junk mail. We were sad and decided that the moment needed to be captured.The third is another one of me falling asleep in a weird position. I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, and really quickly. It's both a gift and a curse.
I'm sorry this email is short this week, but none of the other elders are emailing home today because they all spoke to their families yesterday and they're waiting on me.
I'm doing really well and the work in Hartford is great! This gospel is true and it changes lives. It's changed mine forever.
with much love from your favorite elder,
-Elder Shepherd
No comments:
Post a Comment