email 5/4/10
7 months in New Haven is finally coming to a close. I got my transfer call last night, and tomorrow I leave for Providence, Rhode Island. My new address will be:
733 Douglas Ave. #6
Providence, Rhode Island
02908
It's bitter sweet to be leaving New Haven. I have fallen in love with everything here and I have gained so many valuable experiences. The members here have been awesome, and I'll miss them a lot, as well as all my current investigators. They all cried when I told them that I was leaving-it made me kind of sad, but I also felt pretty loved. I guess I did do some good here after all.
We had a BAPTISM YESTERDAY!! WOO!! Veronica and her daughter Digna were baptized yesterday! The baptismal service was incredible, and their determination and drive to endure to the end is outstanding. The ward and the Lord will take good care of them. My heart couldn't be more full. I'll miss them a lot, but I'm glad that I got to be here and play a small role and be a spectator in their ongoing conversion process. I'll send pictures...
Well, the weather here has been really wet and hot. The weather outside is similar to the atmosphere of your bathroom after taking a really long, really hot shower-it's muggy and hot, and you inhale a lot mist. There have also been some very sunny days, and I'm enjoying the beautiful weather. I'm probably going to ruin all my white shirts this summer by drenching them in sweat... I'm not looking forward to that.
I'm swiftly running out of time on this email. I love you all, and I'm grateful for all the prayers and support that you've given me. New Haven has been wonderful, and I'm excited to begin a new journey in Rhode Island this week. I know that God loves us and answers our prayers. I have felt this sustaining love and the enabling power of grace provided through the atonement uplift me through my most difficult trials.
With much love,
-Elder Shepherd
No comments:
Post a Comment