Yes, it's true. My dream in Providence has come to an end. I got a call from my mission president, and I'm getting transferred to Waterbury, Connecticut to serve as a zone leader tomorrow. Getting transferred in the mission field can be really bitter-sweet. I've been in Providence for the last 8 months, and it's been a pretty impactful chapter of my life. I've worked my butt off here in the service of the Lord, and I've seen some success and miracles. I've seen a lot of people change and grow closer to God. I baptized several young men here who received the priesthood, bless and pass the sacrament every week, and plan on serving full-time missions in the very near future. What an incredible change I saw in the young men! What an incredible blessing to have been used as an instrument in God's hands to perform such a work! The growth I've seen in myself here has been enormous. It's been hard saying goodbye to all my friends and newfound family here in Providence. I'm happy to be able to leave Providence with no regrets, because I gave it my all here. Elder Hansen and his new companion will see lots of success and baptisms in the upcoming months. I am super excited to go to Waterbury for several reasons. My companion and I will be the first Spanish-speaking zone leaders in the our mission. I've wanted a native Spanish-speaking companion my whole mission, and my new companion is Mexican! WOO!! His name is Elder Urrutia, and I attached a picture of the 2 of us together. I'm gonna learn so much Spanish from him! Serving as a zone leader means that I'm going to be part of the church's pilot program for doing missionary work over the internet by using mormon.org and facebook. I'm pretty stoked for it! I don't know all the details yet, but I'll get back to you on it.
The other picture that I attached to the email is me and some graffiti here in Providence. I'm amazed at a lot of the graffiti here in Providence. It's kind of cool.
I hope you all will write to me at my new address in Waterbury!
with much love from your favorite elder,
-Elder Shepherd

No comments:
Post a Comment