email dated 10/2/09
I leave for Hartford Monday morning! I'm so glad to get out into the field and get to work. I kind of feel like the Elder in 'The Best Two Years' when he gets out into the field. My trainer will either love me or think I'm crazy. "I'm ready to GO!" I have so much enthusiasm right now, you have no idea. I'm totally eager to struggle and suffer with Spanish and communication for the next couple of months, and I can't wait to be ridiculed and scoffed at in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ. (Those are really things I'm looking forward to, no sarcasm.)
I read this talk recently called "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Gene R. Cook. If you haven't read it, go to LDS.org and read it RIGHT NOW! It inspired and completely changed my outlook about faith. I want to be exactly like the faithful Elder that Brother Cook talks about. I let you all know after I reach my 1,000th baptism-that'll be a good milestone.
But seriously, I have sure faith that If I apply myself, commit myself, and give the Lord all I have that I will be successful and I will be a tool in His hands to bring many of His children back to Him. Having faith is more important to me right now than ever. Without it, we can't succeed in our endeavors. We need faith not just in missionary work, but in our everyday lives. Faith and Hope."The Infinite Power of Hope" by Dieter F Uchtdorf is another amazing talk that you have to read RIGHT NOW!! I can't keep myself from tearing up sometimes. That talk is full of GOLD. One thing that I just want to leave with you as 'food for thought' is a quote from the talk: "The things we hope FOR deal with faith, the things we hope IN deal with charity." I've spent a lot of time thinking about just that one line in his talk, but I want to hear some of your insights about it. Ponder it, study it, pray about it, and think about the real relationship between the triangle of "Faith, Hope, and Charity". And then let me know what you feel. I promise that if you study this that you will find an increased knowledge and love for our Savior, and direction for your everyday life.
I feel so good about life right now. I'm so close to the mission field, I can practically taste it. By the time many of you read this, I will already be in Connecticut. Keep me in your prayers. I will most certainly need them, especially for these first couple weeks out in the field. Just remember that I have an unshakable testimony that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of mankind, and that this is His church with His authority and guided by His chosen prophet and apostles.
I love you all, and I pray for you every day. May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You on His name to the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment