Saturday, October 3, 2009

I got my flight plans!!‏

email dated 9/25/09
WOO! So, I got my flight plans yesterday. I was pretty excited about it. It turns out that I'm the only Elder in the MTC who is going to Connecticut, and I'm also the only Elder leaving Monday, October 5th and 5 AM. Sooo, I'm my own travel leader and my own travel group. It'll be weird to not have a companion with me in the Airport. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really scared that I'm gonna screw it all up and get totally lost. Pray for me. So my flight leaves and 8AM on Oct. 5th, and I fly from SLC to Ohio. I only have a 40 minute overlay at the Ohio airport, which means that the second I get off my plane I have to bolt to get to my next flight-Don't they start boarding 30 minutes before take off? Anyway, if all goes well, which I hope is the case, I'll be in Hartford Connecticut by 4PM. I don't really have any time at the airport to call home, which really sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess...entonces...

I love the MTC. It's so strange to observe the stark difference between Elders who have been here for 5 weeks and Elders who are just arriving. A 19 year old Elder who has been here for 4 weeks is usually more mature and smarter than the average 23 year old who newly arrives. Now that I'm among the oldest missionaries here I feel like the 'big-brother' figure. I'm a zone leader for my zone, and so I also got to greet the new district for our zone that came in this week. I spent a good deal of time with them, teaching them, and doing my best to make the feel welcome. The MTC really is an incredible place. I hate to hear when Elders whine a lot about their MTC experience and what a horrible place it is. Honestly, we are pampered here. Surely, I want to get out into the field more than anything! But I do love the MTC, and I will take a lot out of my duration here.

Spanish is coming. Of course I get frustrated sometimes when I want to say something in a lesson that's deep and profound and will change their life but I don't quite have the vocabulary to do it in Spanish so I work my way around it and deal with it... *sigh* But really, I have faith that I will be fluent in Spanish if I continue to work hard and do my part to be worthy of the 'Gift of Tongues'.

I have so many amazing experiences here every day! I wish I had the time to tell you all of it, but the very short time I have to write emails is running low, so I'm very constrained in my time.When I get to Connecticut, my new address until I know what apartment I'm in is:

Connecticut Hartford Mission
34 Jerome Ave Ste 319
Bloomfield, CT 06002

That address will be good until I can let you know where exactly my assignment is. I love you all so much! I know that this church is true, and I've already seen miracles, even here in the MTC, and throughout my life. The fact that I'm alive is a miracle, and my every day that I have to live, learn, grow, and feel. We owe so much to our Savior Jesus Christ, who suffered every bitterness in life, every sorrow and pain, and bled precious drops of pure blood for each and every one of you. Never forsake Him, for He will NEVER forsake you.

I love you all!

No comments: